-  Yu, K.-H., Beam, A. L. & Kohane, I. S. Artificial intelligence in healthcare. Nature Biomedical Engineering 2, 719 (2018). A comprehensive review introduces the research progress of artificial intelligence in the realm of medicine.
-  Koch, M. Artificial intelligence is becoming natural. Cell 173, 531–533 (2018).
How to study and market your device.
HowtoMarketYourDevice/default.htm. Accessed January 9, 2019.
-  Vollmer, S. et al. Machine learning and ai research for patient benefit: 20 critical questions on transparency, replicability, ethics and effectiveness. arXiv preprint arXiv:1812.10404 (2018). The clinicians proposed twenty questions that span the entire lifecycle of AI system, from inception, data analysis, and model evaluation, to implementation.
-  Miller, D. D. & Brown, E. W. Artificial intelligence in medical practice: the question to the answer? The American journal of medicine 131, 129–133 (2018).
-  Park, S. H. & Han, K. Methodologic guide for evaluating clinical performance and effect of artificial intelligence technology for medical diagnosis and prediction. Radiology 286, 800–809 (2018).
-  Ghahramani, Z. Probabilistic machine learning and artificial intelligence. Nature 521, 452 (2015).
-  Berner, E. S. et al. Performance of four computer-based diagnostic systems. New England Journal of Medicine 330, 1792–1796 (1994).
-  Kononenko, I. Machine learning for medical diagnosis: history, state of the art and perspective. Artificial Intelligence in medicine 23, 89–109 (2001).
-  Esteva, A. et al. Dermatologist-level classification of skin cancer with deep neural networks. Nature 542, 115 (2017). A famous research used deep learning to identify skin cancer which caused extensive discussion.
-  Capper, D. et al. Dna methylation-based classification of central nervous system tumours. Nature 555, 469 (2018).
-  Bejnordi, B. E. et al. Diagnostic assessment of deep learning algorithms for detection of lymph node metastases in women with breast cancer. Jama 318, 2199–2210 (2017).
-  Hannun, A. Y. et al. Cardiologist-level arrhythmia detection and classification in ambulatory electrocardiograms using a deep neural network. Nature Medicine 25, 65 (2019).
-  Samad, M. D. et al. Predicting deterioration of ventricular function in patients with repaired tetralogy of fallot using machine learning. European Heart Journal-Cardiovascular Imaging 19, 730–738 (2018).
-  Tison, G. H. et al. Passive detection of atrial fibrillation using a commercially available smartwatch. JAMA cardiology 3, 409–416 (2018).
-  Gulshan, V. et al. Development and validation of a deep learning algorithm for detection of diabetic retinopathy in retinal fundus photographs. Jama 316, 2402–2410 (2016).
-  Kermany, D. S. et al. Identifying medical diagnoses and treatable diseases by image-based deep learning. Cell 172, 1122–1131 (2018).
-  De Fauw, J. et al. Clinically applicable deep learning for diagnosis and referral in retinal disease. Nature medicine 24, 1342 (2018).
-  All eyes are on ai. Nature Biomedical Engineering 2, 139 (2018).
-  Topol, E. J. High-performance medicine: the convergence of human and artificial intelligence. Nature Medicine 25, 44 (2019).
-  Abràmoff, M. D., Lavin, P. T., Birch, M., Shah, N. & Folk, J. C. Pivotal trial of an autonomous ai-based diagnostic system for detection of diabetic retinopathy in primary care offices. npj Digital Medicine 1, 39 (2018). The first autonomous AI diagnostic system authorized by the FDA.
-  Brocklehurst, P. et al. Computerised interpretation of fetal heart rate during labour (infant): a randomised controlled trial. The Lancet 389, 1719–1729 (2017).
-  Kanagasingam, Y. et al. Evaluation of artificial intelligence–based grading of diabetic retinopathy in primary care. JAMA network open 1, e182665–e182665 (2018).
-  Chen, J. H. & Asch, S. M. Machine learning and prediction in medicine—beyond the peak of inflated expectations. The New England journal of medicine 376, 2507 (2017).
-  Gyawali, B. Does global oncology need artificial intelligence? The Lancet Oncology 19, 599–600 (2018).
-  Fogel, A. L. & Kvedar, J. C. Artificial intelligence powers digital medicine. NPJ Digital Medicine 1, 5 (2018).
-  Goldhahn, J., Rampton, V. & Spinas, G. A. Could artificial intelligence make doctors obsolete? Bmj 363, k4563 (2018).
-  He, J. et al. The practical implementation of artificial intelligence technologies in medicine. Nature Medicine 25, 30–36 (2019).
-  Maddox, T. M., Rumsfeld, J. S. & Payne, P. R. Questions for artificial intelligence in health care. Jama 321, 31–32 (2019).
-  Anderson, C. Clinicians should cast a discerning eye on ai. Clinical OMICs 4, 10 (2017).
Ribeiro, M. T., Singh, S. &
Why should i trust you?: Explaining the predictions
of any classifier.
In Proceedings of the 22nd ACM SIGKDD
international conference on knowledge discovery and
data mining, 1135–1144 (ACM, 2016).
-  Lee, H. et al. An explainable deep-learning algorithm for the detection of acute intracranial haemorrhage from small datasets. Nature Biomedical Engineering 3, 173 (2019).
-  Mar, V. J., Scolyer, R. A. & Long, G. V. Computer-assisted diagnosis for skin cancer: have we been outsmarted? The Lancet 389, 1962–1964 (2017).
-  Adamson, A. S. & Smith, A. Machine learning and health care disparities in dermatology. JAMA dermatology 154, 1247–1248 (2018).
-  Zhang, Z. et al. Landscape of big medical data: A pragmatic survey on prioritized tasks. IEEE Access 1–1 (2019).
-  Caspi, A. & Moffitt, T. E. All for one and one for all: Mental disorders in one dimension. American Journal of Psychiatry 175, 831–844 (2018).
-  Mirnezami, R., Nicholson, J. & Darzi, A. Preparing for precision medicine. New England Journal of Medicine 366, 489–491 (2012).
-  Parikh, R. B., Obermeyer, Z. & Navathe, A. S. Regulation of predictive analytics in medicine. Science 363, 810–812 (2019).
-  Fleming, P. J. & Wallace, J. J. How not to lie with statistics: the correct way to summarize benchmark results. Communications of the ACM 29, 218–221 (1986).
-  Guthaus, M. R. et al. Mibench: A free, commercially representative embedded benchmark suite. In Workload Characterization, 2001. WWC-4. 2001 IEEE International Workshop on, 3–14 (IEEE, 2001).
Wang, L. et al.
Bigdatabench: A big data benchmark suite from
In High Performance Computer Architecture
(HPCA), 2014 IEEE 20th International Symposium
on, 488–499 (IEEE, 2014).
-  Geiger, A., Lenz, P. & Urtasun, R. Are we ready for autonomous driving? the kitti vision benchmark suite. In Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2012 IEEE Conference on, 3354–3361 (IEEE, 2012).
-  Mittelman, M., Markham, S. & Taylor, M. Patient commentary: Stop hyping artificial intelligence—patients will always need human doctors. Bmj 363, k4669 (2018).