Carnegie Mellon is enjoying its most productive fundraising years in its history, raising more than $500M over the last three years. University Advancement (UA) supports the entire CMU community in securing the financial resources the university needs to continue its ascent. As the division grows, we are seeking a SalesForce Developer with a passion for higher education and who appreciate the role of philanthropy in enabling the university to accomplish its mission. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Advancement Information Services, you will design, implement, and deploy solutions on the Salesforce Lighting platform. You should have a strong background in the Salesforce ecosystem and wide-ranging knowledge of Salesforce products including Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Community Cloud. The ability to decipher business requirements, develop and deploy efficient code, and effectively demonstrate creative solutions to customer problems are required. We are looking for talented individuals with a passion for their work and a dedication to the mission of CMU.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Building custom solutions on the Salesforce platform to support prioritized business functions and meeting project objectives, client requirements, and division goals;
- Managing daily support and maintenance of CMU's Advancement Salesforce instance, and conducting long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving internal requirements and new features released to the platform;
- Communicating with project sponsors, business analysts, and other developers to design cohesive solution strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout development, testing and deployment;
- Interacting directly with functional sponsors and end users as necessary to analyze project objectives and elicit requirements; developing specifications for user interfaces, customized applications and interactions with Salesforce;
- Providing System Administration support of internal and external-facing Salesforce environments, especially related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow;
- Guiding the Release Cycle, Org Management, and overall Change Management procedures for the development team;
- Keeping abreast of newly available functionality and recommend the adoption of new approaches as needed
- Perform other Salesforce Admin, Reporting, Maintenance, and Support duties as assigned.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within UA. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Ability to perform most work independently. Only difficult or unusual situations are referred to the supervisor;
- Ability to refer complex or high-impact decisions to manager for guidance;
- Ability to act as a project lead when needed;
- Ability to work independently, set own priorities when working on multiple, concurrent tasks, work under pressure, pay close attention to detail, maintain composure when dealing with difficult people and situations, and maintain confidentiality and discretion.
You should be able to travel both and be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or Math;
- A minimum of eight years of work experience in Software Development and five years of Salesforce application development;
- Deep understanding of Salesforce Administrative and Security features. Demonstrated experience as a System Administrator;
- Knowledge of Salesforce declarative programming capabilities, such as Formula Fields, Workflow Rues, Process Builder, and Flow, and when to use the correct tools for the task at hand;
- Must thoroughly understand testing and debugging practices on the Apex platform, including writing complete Test Classes and deploying bug-free code effectively;
- Understanding of Apex platform limitations and governors, as well as how to write bulkified Apex code;
- Experience developing Web services and System integrations on the Salesforce platform;
- Understanding of SDLC, Agile, and DX Development practices, or other transferable iterative methodologies;
- Understanding of Salesforce Org Management strategies and Change Management procedures as they pertain to the Salesforce ecosystem. Past experience preparing releases and managing the release cycle is a plus;
- Self-motivated, Self-Directed, Creative, and Positive;
- Salesforce Administrator and Developer Certifications;
- Experience developing customer-facing user interfaces;
- Experience with Java or other object-oriented languages as a strong foundation for Apex;
- Experience with, or good understanding of, Lightning Component Development and Lightning Data Service;
- Expertise with Marketing Cloud and Communities, especially implementing from scratch
- Background working in a Non-profit and Donor-driven environment;
- Expertise in Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Data Mining, Data Warehousing, and Big Data.
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.Job Function:
Information Technology Primary Location:
United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh Time Type:
Full Time Organization:
AIS (UNIV ADVANCEMENT) Minimum Education Level:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Budgeted Base Pay: