Robotics Software Engineer
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
We are currently looking for a hardworking and dynamic individual who will be responsible for developing new technology and applications to tackle previously impossible solutions for manufacturing, packaging, and process transformations.
This role is key to our future robotics technology as well as a component of our portfolio of innovation, such as industrial robots, collaborative robots and mobile platforms.
As a Robotic Software Engineer, you:
- Will be testing and developing new technology and software applications, such as robotics, control systems, and mobile vehicles alongside our engineering innovation team.
- Are part of a diverse engineering team consisting of electrical engineers, process engineers, robotic engineers, and software developers. You will be a key member of this team and participate in ideation sessions and providing design input into new projects and applications.
- Will build on and combine soft social skills with analytical skills and use integrative thinking to convey research findings to drive actions with your key business partners.
- Will grow your skills day-in, day-out, by connecting with internal & external experts to explore new ways to learn and by exchanging your findings with the engineering and business community.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for hardworking and driven individuals who are:
- Energized about solving the toughest engineering problems related to manufacturing, packaging, and robotics.
- Intellectually curious about the newest technology and imagining how to apply technology to solve previously impossible problems.
- Comfortable working as a team and directly involved in the testing and hands on with the equipment to design a solution.
- Energized about sharing ideas in team ideation sessions and collectively deciding on a solution to meet the business needs.
- Curious about partnering with academia, startup companies, and external partners to stay connected and informed of all the newest technology.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or proven experience or degree in the Robotics Engineering field.
- 3+ years in Software engineering experience in design, coding, testing, deployment and support.
- 3+ years in CAD design and robotics simulation.
- 2+ years in ROS (Robot Operating Systems) open source programming.
- 3+ years in computer programming languages, such as Python and C++, Linux operating systems.
- Experience in computer vision technology and industrial vision systems such as Cognex, National Instrument and Keyence.
- Experience with industrial PLC, especially with Rockwell Control Logix platforms.
- Experience with computer and industrial networks.
- Experience with robotics and autonomous mobile vehicle safety requirements and validation.
The Value of a P&G Career
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, remote working options, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
- What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
11/06/2019 ∙ ∙ share APPLY VIEW ALL JOBS