Research Data Analyst
Title: Research Data Analyst
Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: GIM Research
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Exemption Status: Exempt
Provides study design, manages large and complex databases and performs statistical analysis in support of research activities.
- Under minimal supervision and in collaboration with clinicians, research faculty and other investigators, develops and reviews study protocols for soundness of study design and statistical methodology.
- Provides statistical expertise in analyzing data. Executes analytical plans using statistical software and reports the results to investigators and collaborators. Performs intermediate to expert level statistical queries, analyses and evaluation.
- Suggests changes or improvements to existing SAS code, analytical and study methods, and reports for validity and limitations.
- Assists with data and documentation management.
- Contributes to written sections for IRB applications, grant applications and manuscripts for assigned projects.
- Performs chart review and data extraction for assigned projects as needed
- Performs literature review related to projects or research activities as needed.
- Coordinates research analytic projects that involve external partners/subcontractors.
- Stays informed of related topics and statistical programming techniques as applied to research issues by reading journals and/or attending courses/programming meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Master's degree or higher in biostatistics, epidemiology, health services research, or related fields is desired. Medical training is major plus.
- At least 1 year relevant experience in clinical, epidemiologic or health service research.
- Work experience and/or research experience in large databases is highly desirable.
- Complete proficiency in Microsoft Office and a statistical software package. SAS is the preferred statistical package, but expertise in R or Stata are also encouraged.
- Knowledge of appropriate statistical analysis for clinical research studies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good organization skills for project management, time management skills and the ability to manage several concurrent tasks.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to interact professionally with varying levels within the organization.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
07/23/2019 ∙ ∙ share APPLY VIEW ALL JOBS