Platform Engineer - Data and Reporting
Begin a meaningful career right here.
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face!
As part of the GBS Manufacturing Services organization and the IT function, this role specializes in the Manufacturing Services Platforms (e.g., Proficy) and related Application Components and Databases. The Platform Engineer collaborates with the Service Architects, Application Engineers and Service Operations to ensure the technical designs, performance, and capacity of the platform is supportable and sustainable over time.
We are currently looking for hardworking and technically skilled individuals to join our team as a Platform Engineer. Do you get excited working on large scale innovative technology with a collaborative team?
Key Responsibilities of the Platform Engineer:
* Drive platform change management and “evergreen” strategy by assisting the Platform Architect. Ensure the platform is capable of supporting new solutions or changes.
* Works with Application Engineers to ensure designs for specific platforms/applications and their associated DB’s are technically consistent, are using common objects/configurations where possible, are preventing unneeded custom programming, and are accurately using the platform components and assessing performance impacts, data growth impacts, or any other changes that could increase the processing or storage requirements.
* Setup of new Development and Testing landscapes to support innovation driven by new application versions and solution areas with the Non-Production Landscape (NPL) team.
* Ensure monitoring is in place for the health of the production infrastructure and databases by working with the operations team. Ensures the alerts are properly routed to the support team/organization responsible for resolution and follow up until issues are resolved.
Required skills or experiences:
* Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DBA level skills and / or certification
* Microsoft Windows Server OS
* Microsoft .NET Core / Framework
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer / Systems / Industrial Engineering, Business / Management Information Systems or Software Development.
* Azure, Azure Data Bricks & Azure Data Factory
* GE Digital - Proficiency MES Suite
* SAP / ABAP
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
11/03/2020 ∙ ∙ share APPLY VIEW ALL JOBS