Front End Developer, School of Computer Science
The Dean's office in the School of Computer Science is seeking to hire a Front-end developer. In this role, you will design, develop, test and maintain applications or systems programs related to administering graduate programs within the School including assisting with rebuilding large portions of the graduate program application system, including interfaces. You will also gather and provide input on functional specifications and requirements as well as support business user questions/issues regarding applications and/or systems issues and availability.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Develops user interfaces and supporting code to collect and process data including server-based scripting commands as necessary.Optimizes code to improve performance in multi-user environment.
- Develops user interface for web applications by studying existing technology architecture; analyzing browser compatibility techniques; creating requirements documentation; identifying constraints and technical issues; security integration, developing prototypes; programming objects, functions, error trapping and handling; data verification and testing.
- Documents system requirements and user interfaces as necessary. This may include software requirements specifications, user manuals, process or flow diagrams, use-case diagrams, data flow diagrams, and other documentation as required.
- Assists with rebuilding large portions of the graduate program application systems, including outward facing interfaces for applicants, interfaces for internal reviewers of applicants, and administrative consoles.
- Potential to rebuild interfaces for other internal applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field required
- 1-3 yrs. - Operating System Administration Experience
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with source control, preferably SVN
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility issues
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and effective teamwork skills
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Time Type: Full Time
Organization: SCS DEAN'S OFFICE
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Budgeted Base Pay: Negotiable
06/05/2019 ∙ ∙ share APPLY VIEW ALL JOBS