Desktop Virtualization and Application Streaming Engineer
Begin a meaningful career right here.
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges!
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face!
In this newly created role the Desktop Virtualization and Application Streaming Engineer works with global VDI resources and vendors. The Desktop Virtualization and Application Streaming Engineer will plan, select, implement, improve and operate P&G’s desktop virtualization technologies. The project owner assesses vendor capabilities, run proof-of-concept VDI programs, engineer and architect secure resilient VDI solutions. You will configure VDI cloud solutions, package the applications, create VDI image, maintain processes and act as a L3 critical issue support.
Can you coordinate with multiple P&G groups through their journey to VDI? The Desktop Virtualization and Application Streaming Engineer understands the application and VDI image needs and helps to package and deploy these images to the VDI environment(s).
The following activities will be part of the day-to-day work:
* Manage the virtualization Solution and the whole provisioning process and version of the platform.
* Lead Platform Health – Backup, Disaster Recovery, Capacity Planning of the solution.
* Design integration with Platform Manager within P&G systems.
* Acquire knowledge in various platform solutions, industry trends and emerging technologies through training, seminars and conferences.
* Consult to ensure platform solutions adhere to proper security controls, standards.
A Desktop Virtualization and Application Streaming Engineer can be successful if they have:
* Ability to holistically conceptualize and model the use of evolving technologies across a broad set of business applications to translate business strategies and requirements into technical design and engineer a solution to meet the business demands and standards.
* Strong understanding of public-, hybrid cloud compute, virtualization concepts and hands on configuration experience (Software-, OS-, Configuration Management, Software Distribution, Application Packaging and our Virtualization Solution). Including all of our end user devices.
* Communicate complex and detailed information across various communication vehicles and global environments to deliver and influence all levels of staff and management.
* 5 - 10 years of experience in a desktop virtualization, private and public cloud, data center, cloud, network, network security, security architecture or security engineering type roles.
* Skills in one or more of the following technologies: VMware virtualization suite, Citrix XenApp, Powershell, Azure and AWS.
* Understanding of the following: Citrix Cloud implementation and operations, Azure Cloud IaaS and PaaS configuration and support, AWS Workspaces and AppStream 2.0, Windows Virtual Desktop, Cloud automation skills.
* One or more cloud certificates: (VMware Virtualization Certificates, AWS, Azure (Az-300 or 301)
* At least one or more industry security certifications preferred or backup tools certification (e.g. CISSP or CCNA Security, Veeam etc.).
The Value of a P&G Career
-Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
-We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love. -We offer a suite of benefits. These benefits include but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation growing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
-Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
08/28/2020 ∙ ∙ share APPLY VIEW ALL JOBS