P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in about 80 countries, building 65 trusted brands that make life better for 5 billion consumers in more than 180 countries. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy a diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
From Day 1, you’ll help fulfill our purpose of improving lives in 180 countries through leading, billion-dollar brands. We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees and we encourage our multi-functional teams to work together to come up with new ideas to address challenges we face.
We are looking for a Data Governance Manager who will focus on establishing proper archival, retention, privacy policies per data type, and in alignment with overall Data Hub Security Management. In this role, you will be gathering requirements for the Regional Data Hub, as well as establishing the data vision and strategy, formalizing business case objectives, and will identify/document required data type properties and information security and risk.
As the Data Governance Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
* Working with data sufficiency and joined portfolio planning, such as availability, quality and readiness.
* Maintaining the data dictionary (definition of data standards) and the data catalog (information about data types available and how to use it) as well as communicating these to the Data Hub users.
* Initiating business and validation rules that will define the data quality.
* Conducting root cause analysis, notably using data lineage and then profiling on data quality outages.
* Maintaining the change management process including data configuration changes.
* Defining and executing data harmonization including the definition of keys and rules.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related technical field.
* 5 years experience with Data Governance.
* Business Analysis: understand business decisions and value expected from the data
* Data Stewardship and Governance, specifically with regards to Data Quality.
* Foundation in systems development, integration and knowledge of how data architecture fits in the overall life cycle and architecture patterns.
* Media and/or Retail Store and Merchandising Data experience preferred
* DAMA, TOGAF, or TDWI certifications would be a plus.
The Value of a P&G Career
* Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
* We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you'll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
* We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, remote working options, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
* Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
* What's more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
No immigration sponsorship is available for this position. Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for permanent residency except in some areas that in Procter & Gamble's sole discretion require highly specialized backgrounds.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
10/17/2019 ∙ ∙ share APPLY VIEW ALL JOBS