Data Engineer - R000010111
About Procter and Gamble:
P&G was founded over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we’re the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We’ve spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: Leadership, Innovation, and Citizenship.
The insight, innovation, and passion of talented teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly and ethically, that is open and transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment. This is a place where you can be proud to work and do something that matters.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help us develop data products that help Retail Team, Categories, and Market Functions deliver and activate real-time insights that drive profitable category growth with our retailers faster than ever before. You’ll work within the North American IT Market Operations Team, reporting to our Senior Director of Data and Analytics.
What you will be doing:
• Design, develop, and support data pipelines, warehouses, data models, and reporting systems to tackle business process, user, and product opportunities
• Partner with business stakeholders, upstream infrastructure platform teams, and downstream data consumers to understand data and translate business requirements into technical design of building and leveraging scalable data pipelines
• Use your expertise in data engineering best practices to guide stakeholders to do the same through building proofs of concept and prototypes
• Build efficient solutions on top of the Azure Stack
• Experience with ETL in SQL and NoSQL data stores
• Experience in coding languages like R and Python
• Hands on experience with the Azure Stack, including computing services and data warehouses
• Familiarity with a range of data engineering approaches, covering theoretical best practices and the technical applications of these methods
• Familiarity with GCP and AWS cloud providers
• Excellent communication skills with business intuition and ability to understand business systems, versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
• Experience using automation best practices for CI/CD
• Experience with best practices for development including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation
• Familiarity with end-user visualization tools like Power BI and Tableau
• Health Care Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Wellness Programs
• Retirement Plan
• Flex Benefits/Flexcomp
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Work-Live Balance Options: Work from Home, flexible scheduling, personal leave of absence
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
Experienced Professionals (Job Segmentation)
06/18/2021 ∙ ∙ share APPLY VIEW ALL JOBS